03 Feb An Executive’s Guide To Internet Marketing: 50 Essential Resources
Internet marketing, sometimes called online, digital or inbound marketing, has quickly become the most important marketing channel for businesses.
But as an executive, you don’t have the time to get caught up in all the details of your marketing efforts. Because of this, I wanted to condense this valuable collection of resources into a brief executive summary that you can bookmark and refer back to at your convenience.
If you are reading this and are not an executive, I encourage you to share it with the executive team in your organization.
This guide is outlined into five sections:
- The Basics – What is internet marketing? How has marketing changed?
- Attract Visitors – How to attract strangers online and turn them into visitors.
- Convert Leads – Learn how to convert your new visitors into actionable leads.
- Close & Delight Customers – How to close more deals and create loyal brand advocates online.
- Advanced Resources – Dive deep into some advanced resources on internet marketing.
Why Internet Marketing Is Important
To put it simply, internet marketing has been proven to reduce the cost of reaching prospects and customers while giving businesses the ability to generate volume leads. Plus, you can access detailed metrics for measurement and improvement. Not to mention, the internet is where people now spend the majority of their time.
Below is a visual representation of the major components of internet marketing (attract, convert, close, delight) and the ideal path your customers travel on. You’ll learn more about this methodology and it’s individual parts in the following sections.
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing – Learn the building blocks for successful online marketing.
- The Power of Digital Marketing – In this guide, you’ll discover how seven top brands are driving ROI.
- Anatomy of Inbound Marketing – Visualizing the 5 essential elements with examples and advice.
- The Blueprint of a Modern Marketing Campaign – This guide will give you all the tools you need to impose order on the chaos and streamline your content marketing efforts
- How-To Optimize Your Marketing Channels – Learn how to optimize your blog, landing pages, SEO, email campaigns, and social media profiles.
- How-To Build and Operate A Content Marketing Machine – In this ebook you’ll learn about all the components necessary to build your very own content marketing machine.
- 7 Elements of Inbound Storytelling – How to tell a remarkable story and stand out.
- An Introduction to Business Blogging – How to use business blogging for marketing success.
- An Introduction to Inbound Marketing Analytics – Highlights the essential inbound marketing metrics for data-driven decision making.
- Why Content Marketing Fails – A great SlideShare by Rand Fishkin on the common content marketing mistakes people make.
- Teach Your Company Inbound Marketing – Teach your colleagues why and how you should do inbound marketing with this ready-to-go presentation.
- 53 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design – Download this free flipbook for some design inspiration.
- Growth Hacking Brand Awareness – Scaling brand awareness with limited resources.
- Learning SEO from the Experts – Start taking advantage of SEO opportunities for your business.
- How-To Get 100,000 Blog Readers – This guide will teach you how to optimize your blog and scale its reach online.
- The Beginners Guide To Social Media – One of the most comprehensive social media resources available, and no matter your skill level, there’s plenty in here to help you improve your presence.
- 101 Companies Rocking Social Media – See how you can transform your social media to stand out from the rest.
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights from Real Marketers – The rules of social engagement and how-to grow/iterate your accounts.
- The Essential Guide to Social Media Advertising – Learn how to combat the clutter and reach your audience.
- Social Media Marketing Kit – Make your marketing more effective by harnessing the power of social.
- 20 Ways to Succeed at Social Media Engagement – As a marketer, your ability to adapt and listen to how customers are communicating with you on social media is essential.
- 50 Social Media Best Practices – One-sentence tips on social media for small business owners.
- 50 Expert Tips for Getting Started on Social Media – Defined benchmark tactics based on customer reviews, colleague interviews, and internal research.
- An Introduction to Lead Generation – A beginner’s guide to converting website visitors into leads.
- Turn Your Website into A Lead Generation Machine – Three essential ways to use content marketing for attracting and generating leads at the top of the funnel: search, social, and email.
- Top 10: The Science of Generating Leads & Sales Online – Start converting more leads and closing more sales by using these proven strategies.
- How-To Write & Design Compelling Calls-To-Action – How does design affect call-to-action conversions? What does it take to write call-to-action copy that people actually want to click?
- How-to Use Landing Pages for Your Business – Learn the essential elements that make an effective landing page.
- The Smart Guide to Lead Generation – These tactics have been used by 8,000+ HubSpot customers to generate more than 9.8 million leads
- Attraction 101: Content Marketing – Learn 7 proven lead generation tactics you can use to make the most of your website. See also the surprising results of a real-world landing page testing scenario.
- The Content Marketing Guide – A step-by-step guide for how to promote your content.
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Content for Lead Generation – Many companies use ebooks to effectively generate leads from their websites. Unfortunately, creating an ebook isn’t easy.
- 34 Tips and Tricks for Planning & Creating Content – To help make your life a little easier, we’ve compiled these 34 hacks to help you with content planning, writing, and designing.
- 30 Greatest Lead Generation Tips & Tricks – Use these proven – yet often overlooked – lead generation strategies.
- How-To Generate Leads with Mobile Marketing – To keep up with this new trend, successful mobile marketing now means creating a seamless, optimized experience on each of these devices.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Content Promotion – How to generate more leads through strategic content distribution.
Close & Delight Customers
- An Introduction to Lead Nurturing – How to use lead nurturing for smarter marketing.
- Lead Management Made Simple – The process and key features that you should consider when jumping into lead management, and lays out the groundwork for setting up and configuring each of the necessary steps.
- How-To Master Personalized Marketing – A guide to engaging infinite audiences of one.
- A Field Guide to the 4 types of Content Marketing Metrics – Too often, content marketers tell themselves that they can’t accurately measure their results, or a tactic isn’t measurable, or that they don’t feel comfortable measuring content.
- The Science of Email Marketing – Email marketing is the standard by which all other online marketing is measured. But email marketing has changed.It’s no longer good enough to blast your list with newsletters, your sending tactics and strategies have to evolve.
- The Smart Guide to Email Marketing – How smart marketers do email marketing.
- The Art of the Sales Email – Includes 9 templates from first contact to follow up.
- Sales Methodologies: Thoughts from 6 Experts – Take a deep dive into sales methodology to find out what strategy works best for you.
- Lifecycle Loop – The New Sales Funnel – Turn responses from DRTV, DR Radio, and SEM into actual conversions and leads.
- Achieve Exponential Growth w/ Marketing Analytics – Learn how to generate a positive ROI & grow your business from this ebook.
- How-To Report on Inbound Marketing Results – How-to successfully gather, organize, analyze and report on inbound marketing results.
- Going Beyond Email: How-To Master Marketing Automation – This guide will explain how to use marketing automation to optimize your marketing funnel and convert more leads to customers.
- The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing – his resource is chock full of tactical, immediately actionable ideas that you can implement in your own business — to start building a community of fans and followers, to increase engagement and traffic to your website, and to drive sales.
- My Copyblogger Free Membership – When you claim your free My Copyblogger membership, you’ll get instant access to a treasure chest of proven online marketing training in fifteen ebooks.
Remember, as internet marketing continues to grow and change, don’t forget it’s key value: it allows your business to become more data driven. It isn’t just about marketing anymore, the businesses who will succeed online are those who can successfully gather, analyze and leverage data to improve their businesses and outperform the competition.
What do you think? What are your favorite internet marketing resources? Share your throughts in the comment section below.