A Guide to Maximizing Lead Generation Today (Infographic)
Nowadays more than 81% of shoppers conduct online research before buying. (Social Times)
What does that mean for your business?
Glad you asked…
It means that shoppers are in control of the buying process.
However, if you’re able to effectively convert website traffic and social media fans into actionable leads, you’ll be able to influence their purchase decisions.
That’s why I created this infographic to show you how to get more leads for your business.
Below I’ll show you my top 21 strategies for quickly building a profitable email list today!Exclusive Bonus Checklist: Click here access to the step-by-step checklist that will show you how to dramatically improve your online marketing and lead generation strategies.
- Create landing pages: Landing pages are pages on your website used to convert visitors. In fact, 56% of clicks for websites are directed to landing pages, not the home page.
- Use-opt in content offers: 71% of marketers use content marketing to generate leads. That’s because it’s one of the most effective ways to convert your website visitors.
- Add opt-in forms to your site: Many case studies have shown that simply using opt-in forms, like the HelloBar, can increase conversion rates by 200-500%.
- Direct traffic with calls-to-action: 47% of websites have a clear call to action button that takes 3 seconds or less to see. Use these to direct traffic to your high converting pages and content.
- Use social proof in copy: Customer reviews are 12x more trusted than descriptions that come from businesses. That’s why you need to utilize social proof to encourage more website opt-ins.
- Collect emails in your store: Teach employees to use your POS system (or piece of paper) to collect emails from in-store shoppers. It’s also a good idea to incentivize sign-ups by offering specials to email subscribers.
- Use an explainer video: Using videos on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 86% because they keep visitors around longer.
- Use the “content upgrade”: Increase blog post conversions by more than 700% when you offer opt-in content that is on the exact same topic as the blog post. For example, offer 3 bonus tips at the end of a 7 tip blog post.
- Tap into the power of feedback: Using a feedback tool like Qualaroo to ask website visitors live questions can boost conversions by more than 500%.
- Create gated videos in Wistia: Wistia is a video hosting service like YouTube, but with powerful conversion tools like calls to action and email collectors that you can use to convert viewers.
- Visualize your site’s traffic: Use heat maps, scroll maps and mouse tracking tools to visualize high (and low) converting site content so you can make changes that increase conversions.
- Use benefit-rich, action-oriented copy: Dramatically increase your opt-in rates by using “value terms” to increase the perceived value of your offers and persuade readers to take action. For example: free download, featured, limited time, advanced, special offer, secrets, exclusive, access.
- Make post available to download: Giving readers the option to download your blog posts as PDFs can help grow your email list by targeting your blog’s busy readers.
- Collect commenter emails: Encourage blog commenters to subscribe by catching them at the point they are posting a comment.
- Use exit-intent pop-ups forms: Pop-ups have increased some sites’ conversion rates by more than 1,000%. Exit intent pop-ups take it one step further by converting visitors who are about to leave your website.
- Host a contest: Using a tool like WooBox, you can create photo/video contests on social media that require an email to enter. Don’t forget to collect and share all the unique content your audience creates.
- Speed up your site: A 1 second delay in your site speed can result in a 7% reduction in conversions. That’s why you should find a tool that measures your site’s speed and provides helpful recommendations.
- A/B test everything: President Obama raised an additional $60 million by simply A/B testing multiple marketing campaigns to see which performed better.
- Direct SlideShare traffic: With over 50 million visitors per month, there’s a massive audience here that you can use to build your email list. Simply include enticing calls to action that direct viewers to relevant opt-in offers.
- Use Twitter lead cards: Using the Twitter ad platform, you can create one-click opt-in ads that generates new subscribers by making the opt-it process incredibly quick and simple.
- Answer questions on Quora: Including links to your opt-in offers when answering relevant questions on Quora is a powerful way to grow your email list and build influence.
Now It’s Your Turn…
Alright, now you’re armed with 21 powerful ways to grow your email list and generate leads!
Now it’s time to put these strategies into action…
Leave a quick comment below letting me know which strategy from this guide you plan on using first!
Lastly, don’t forget to download my exclusive 94-point marketing checklist that I use to grow my clients’ businesses.
Click the image below to download the free checklist: